This was the first wedding video I’ve done flying solo, meaning without the help of my extremely talented husband. I’m just lucky that Sarah and Carlos agreed to let me share their special day. It was a beautiful wedding, and they are a fabulous couple. Love you Sar and I wish both you and Carlos the happiest of marriages!
May 24, 2013.
Every detail of this day will be branded in my mind for the rest of my life.
The day I got married.
The entire wedding day was perfect. It began the night before at the wedding dinner. It was a deliciously beautiful event, even when my brother decided to roast me during the open mic portion of the evening. But we won’t go in to that…
Every girl dreams of her wedding day since the time she’s old enough to open the cover of Bride Magazine. So naturally there is a lot of pressure for the day to be impeccably perfect. And I’m happy to say that I truly feel our wedding was just that. Perfect.
Patrick and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple in the morning, and a beautiful reception followed that evening in my parent’s backyard.
Our wedding menu:
Four types of pizza, straight from the smoker oven:
- Ham and pineapple
- Margarita with balsamic vinegar and basil leaves
- Pear with goat cheese
- Barbeque chickenSalad with a delicious strawberry vinaigrette
An array of breadsticks and dinner rollsGelato:
- Chocolate hazelnut
- Lemon custard
Every little dessert you can imagine:
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- Cookie dough (yes, Patrick’s request)
- Homemade Oreos
- Sugar cookies
- Lemon cupcakes
- The list goes on…..And my personal favorite: THREE kinds of ice cream cakes. Yes people, you read that right. Our wedding cake was ice cream cake. Gorgeous, delicious, made-from-scratch-by-my-wonderfully-talented-mother-in-law-ice-cream-cakes. None of the fondant cardboard cakes that yes, look pretty, but taste like play-dough.
So, as you can see, good food was high on my priority list for the party…
The weather was perfect, the yard was stunning, the live-band was rockin and the company was top-notch. I couldn’t ask for a better wedding.
And now, Patrick is mine and I am his.
The Romero family of two. How adorable.