Ok so your first assignment is to watch this video. It’s a treat you don’t want to miss.
To all those moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day! But to my mom in particular: thanks for being my mom and my best friend.
We’ve come a long way together….it started 21 years ago with the arrival of the “Michelin Man.” You know you’ve found a dedicated mom when she happily cleans corn out of her baby’s chubby neck rolls…yes, yes, Michelin Man fortunately grew out of that.
Eventually we moved on to playing dolls together, visiting the zoo and riding the bus to no where in particular. Too soon for you I’m sure, you were taking pictures of me and my date, as I went to prom, and then graduated from high school.
You were so nice to help me move to college….and then last summer you became my wedding planner…you always had a talent for planning parties. You helped make that day an unforgettable highlight of my life.
So sorry Kag for posting this pic with your droopy eyes. It’s the only one I could find. You’re still beautiful. 🙂
Lurdie Loo, you have turned me into the person I am today. You are why I love to cook, love to dance, love to write. Because you’re the one who encouraged me all these years to keep at it, to never give up. You taught me that I’m a daughter of God who has an important place in this world.
Even this fuzzy picture doesn’t take away from our matchy-matchy cuteness. Adorbs.
Thanks for everything mom. I love you!
And now, for a special Mother’s Day treat…
Strawberry-and-Nutella-stuffed French toast
- 3 pieces of heart-shaped bread (you can use a large heart-shaped cookie cutter, or just carve a heart into the bread with a knife.)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- about 4 large strawberries
- salted butter
- 2 T Nutella
- 2 T whipped cream
- extra cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Cut the bread slices into heart shapes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Place some butter on a skillet and heat to medium-high heat, allowing the butter to melt.
- Lightly dip the bread into the bowl and allow it to soak in the batter.
- Place the bread on the skillet and allow to cook until a light brown color. Flip and allow the other side to cook.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove bread pieces from the skillet and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread half of the Nutella on the first heart-shaped bread and top with sliced strawberries. Spoon some whipped cream onto the strawberries and cover with the second heart-shaped bread.
- Spread the rest of the Nutella on the stack, and place the rest of the strawberries into the Nutella.
- Place the third heart-shaped bread on top of the stack and top with the rest of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
*Note: For a smaller version, use only two slices of bread and half of the Nutella and whipped cream.