A wonderful thing happened this week at the store. I was walking down the meat aisle and saw a GIANT hunk of meat staring at me from the pork-loin section. It had a bright yellow sticker on it that said: “Sale, half price! SAVE $17.00!” One minute later, that hunk of meat was taking a ride in my grocery cart to the check-out stand. So far, I’ve gotten three meals out of that thing, and I still have half of it in my freezer. Yay for big pork loins on sale!
So. Let’s talk salad. This bad boy combines salty, roasted asparagus with the sweetly scrumptious zing of pomegranate-vinaigrette pork. Its many different flavors combine to make it a unique and delightfully tasty meal. (Or so said my husband…)
And one of the other great things about this salad is the fact that those lengthy instructions of how to marinate the pork with this, that, this, that, this and that, are non-existent! The marinade consists of ONE, yes, UNO ingredients: Hidden Valley Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Aaaah I love easy cooking.
zesty pomegranate-pork salad
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- Hidden Valley Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
- green-leafed lettuce
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 4-5 stalks roasted asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1 T olive oil
- walnuts, crumbled feta cheese
*adapted from “YourHomeBasedMom.”
- Rub pork generously with salt and pepper, and marinate in 1 cup of Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a roasting pan in tin foil and roast the pork for 25-35 minutes, until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- While the meat is roasting, wash and cut the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Crumble your feta and walnuts, and chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- Chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces and toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet covered in tin foil.
- Once the meat reaches 145 degrees, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- While the meat is resting, roast the asparagus for 5-8 minutes in the oven, until fork-tender but still crisp. (keep oven temp. at 400 degrees.)
- Combine lettuce, asparagus and strawberries. Sprinkle with feta cheese and walnuts, and place pork slices on top. Finish by drizzling extra dressing on top.