I. Love. Summer. Food. Seriously, it doesn’t get much better than this.
ingredients for quinoa salad: (this will serve about 2 people)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 corn on the cob, cooked or grilled
- handful of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 small avocado, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- feta cheese
- cilantro for garnish
- *you may also add chicken if you’d like
directions for the salad:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with lime-cilantro dressing and BAM. Easy and delicious summer meal.
ingredients for cilantro-lime dressing:
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, de-stemmed and chopped up
- 1/2 cup plain or honey Greek yogurt ( I used honey flavored by Greek Goddess…I highly recommend it)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. honey (if you used honey flavored yogurt, you can leave this out.)
directions for cilantro-lime dressing:
- Blend the cilantro in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
This salad is even better if you nestle it inside a warm whole-wheat pita. I also sprinkled a few drops of balsamic vinegar on top because well, I have a strange obsession with balsamic vinegar. Either way, this was a delicious way to spend another summer night.