So with my wedding coming up in less than one week (aaaaaah!! SooOooOoo exciting) I wanted to do something nice for my bridesmaids. When I was choosing bridesmaids, I had a hard time lowering it down to just a few of my friends, because I just love so many of those beautiful girls. Soooo, I just chose 11 bridesmaids. Problem solved.
After doing some Pinterest research, my favorite kind of research these days, I found a delicious looking recipe for body scrub. So, I made a GIANT batch of it and gave them to my bridesmaids. And yes, I made one for myself as well. It works wonders and smells so good, I caught my mom licking her finger, despite the decent amount of soap in the recipe.
lemon sugar body scrub
ingredients (to make a single-serving for one person)
- 1 lemon
- 1 and a half cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
*note: if you’re doing a giant batch like I did, this can get expensive, so I substituted some olive oil along with the coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon unscented liquid soap (Cetaphil works great)
- Some kind of mason jar to store the scrub in
- Zest and juice the lemon. Make sure to remove any seeds that sneak their way in and combine both the zest and juice in a bowl.
- Add the coconut (or olive oil) and the soap and stir together.
- Add all of the sugar and stir until combined.
- Pour into container.
*note: this scrub will separate after awhile. Before you use it, take a metal spoon and stir it up very well until it’s all mixed together.I used this scrub on my face and hands, and they were baby-bum soft after. I tied it up with a ribbon and wrote a note for each girl. I love all my girlies!